Job Position: Esthetics Instructor
Job Type: Part Time / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Academic Operations
Responsible for providing a quality learning experience for Indiana Wellness College students. Instructors report to the Director of Academic Operations (CAO) and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the college. The relationship of the Instructor to the student is one of teacher and facilitator of learning. The categories listed below constitute the expectations for the Part Time faculty member. These responsibilities will be assessed utilizing student evaluations and classroom observations by the DAO.
This position is part-time/ non-exempt.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
All duties of the Instructor shall reflect the mission, vision, values and learning focus of IWC.
- Prepare and utilize a lesson plan that follows the prescribed institutional format
- Ensures adherence to IWC standardized curriculum
- Utilize IWC established materials for courses
- Utilize active learning methods and use a variety of instructional strategies designed to assist the learner in meeting the objectives of the course. Such activities can include, but are not limited to: cooperative learning, experiential learning, writing for learning, and critical thinking initiatives
- Work closely with the Classroom Coach
- Supportive of students' learning goals by:
- Considering the needs and abilities of the students
- Focuses on learning outcomes
- Becoming familiar with academic and social support
- Making reasonable provisions to accommodate individual differences
- Maintaining the academic integrity of the college o Making himself/herself available to assist students in achieving their learning goals
- Is aware of and recommends campus services to students as needed. These include IWC Website, library services, IDL requirements, Counseling, Financial Aid, etc.
- Follows appropriate procedures for missing a class by notifying the classroom coach consistently
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the
organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Attend all IWC mandatory meetings and faculty training as required, if unable to attend, it is a requirement to read the staff meeting notes each weekly
- Esthetics certification or diploma from an accredited college
- Beauty Culture Instructor license
- Minimum of 2 years documented work history in esthetics.
- A minimum of 1 year of teaching experience in secondary or post-secondary education
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities Required:
- Detail oriented and organized
- Critical thinking skills
- Works well on a team
- Good sense of humor
- Professionalism in appearance, and manner
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Driven to be the best and pursue excellence
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Passionate about education
- Weird, quirky, unique, has a great story to tell
- Works Hard (great work ethic) but has fun doing it
- GENUINELY happy for the success of others